Thursday, November 22, 2007

Christmas In November



From the above album, I offer for your listening pleasure(?) possibly one of the saddest Christmas songs ever recorded. It's "Christmas In November" by Elton Britt & The Pine Toppers. Keep your tissues handy!

"Dear God, up in heaven, please grant me just this one prayer. Please help his mommy in her great hurt and despair, and please, dear God, don't let our boy get lonesome. And maybe if there's time, you can give him just a little...special...care."

http://www.mediafire.com/?c3gaxlcvzze

No password required this time around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Traitor Vic said...

Hiya, Eddie! Thanks for the Xmas Goodness!

I'd love to take you up on your offer to rip Christmas Guitars! I'm sure it'd sound better that what I got offa that TAPE.

Happy Holidays!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Dankster said...

Yo Riffster!

Saw your comment at RYP so thought I'd say hello here

Yes unfortunately you may have missed my stop last year but for obvious reasons

I hope one year on all is well chez Riffster!

Great to see another of the old(er) crowd still around

My Rgds mate!

TT

6:24 AM  
Blogger Eddie Riff said...

Traitor Vic.
I am uploading the cd of Christmas Guitars now and will leave the url in your comments area.

Telstar Ted.
Great to hear from you and wonderful to see the LSBumblebee afloat again for the holidays. Love the Nick Lowe video and will download the Scott Walker doc later. Cheers to you!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home