Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Now for some good news.

To cope with all the grimness I've endured the last year or more, I started painting again after a decades long hiatus. When I haven't had canvas, I've painted whatever I could find: old buckets, ironing boards, bowls.... I haven't had a creative streak like this since the sixties. Whew!
On the health front, I have reached the point where I only have to have treatments when I feel they are necessary. I have been six weeks without a treatment, so it seems that the medication has taken over and is keeping my immune system under control. Whew again!
I don't know when or if I'll get back to blogging regularly. I hope I'll get back to sharing music again, but I can't say if it will be regularly either at this point.
Anyway, I want to say it's good to be here and thank all of you who've written and helped me endure.
I wish only the best for you all.
Your pal, Eddie

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back ,my old friend
i hope your life gets better from now on

an old friend from holland
(who had his share too)

5:05 PM  
Blogger RYP said...

Hey Eddie,
visiting frequently "Eddie's Riffs" it's good to see you giving a sign of life! hope good health will become more & more friendly to you!

Love & Peace
RYP

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Eddie,
I lost my Mother, Aunt and Uncle six months apart from one another. In May of 2003 i took a three story fall from a roof at work into a cement stairway...
I spent three months in the hospital after they reattached my left leg and left arm which shattered on impact. When I got home two months later, I suffered a heart attack due too a blood clot the size of a plumb caused by all the surgery...
After spending the better part of two years in a wheelchair and the rest of my life on blood thinners, pain killers and a cane, I hear ya buddy!

Hang in there and no matter how bleak things may appear at times, they can always be a hell of a lot worse...

All my best
Alex

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey eddie - i hadn't visited your blog in a while, and was sorry to learn about all the trauma and sad events in your life. i'm glad to hear that you are doing some creative work -- i think that can be really healthy and healing. why not post some pictures of your paintings? i for one am curious to see them, and who knows where it might lead?
best,
wm2007

11:34 PM  
Blogger whiteray said...

Hey, Eddie!

Sorry to hear about the tough times and I hope things go better. Thanks for stopping by Echoes In The Wind, and I'm glad you told me where I got the Mylon. It's truly a great album, and I thank you for it!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

Life has its ups and downs, and it looks like you are upping :)

Keep on upping and take care.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, stay strong-easy for me to say I know. prayers with you

6:45 PM  
Blogger JeansMusicBlog said...

Just do what you yourself like to do. Take care !!!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home